Kids With Heart National Association for Children's Heart Disorders was founded in 1985 as a local support group for families affected by congenital heart defects in Northern Wisconsin. In 1991, Kids With Heart went National and the name was officially changed to Kids With Heart National Association for Children's Heart Disorders, Inc. It was the first National organization dedicated to providing support, education, and awareness for congenital heart defects. Kids With Heart NACHD, Inc is a non-profit organization and has been run by volunteers since the very beginning. Therefore, we have no salaries to pay, no rent to pay, no senseless overhead costs.
Kids With Heart National Association for Children's Heart Disorders is dedicated to providing support for families affected by congenital heart defects through surgical care packages, local support group meetings, and through an online listserv. Kids With Heart NACHD Inc. continues to raise awareness through local events across the U.S, displays at fairs, and numerous awareness projects such as car magnets. Kids With Heart NACHD Inc. also has an extensive library of congenital heart defect books. Hospitals throughout the U.S. have bought our books and have them displayed in parent libraries. These books are also available to parents to purchase at our low price.
Of course, all this would not be possible if not for our dedicated volunteers! We would like to thank all our volunteers that have been a huge part in helping Kids With Heart National Association for Children's Heart Disorders in the fight aganist congenital heart defects.
- President: Michelle Rintamaki, BA- Education and Music, Assoc. Degree in Finance Mgmt
- Vice President: Dean Rintamaki, Associate Degree
- Secretary: John Rintamaki, Associate Degree
- Treasurer: Michelle Rintamaki BA- Education and Music, Assoc. Degree in Finance Mgmt
- Barb Kopperud
- Website Design and Updates: John Rintamaki
- Technical Support and Advisor: John Rintamaki
- Sibling Support: Eric Rintamaki
- Parent Advisory: Lisa Watermolen, RN
- Financial Advisory: Melody Burkard
- Angela Rintamaki
- Dean Rintamaki
- Sean Kennedy
- Barb Kopperud
- Eric Rintamaki
- Melody Burkard
- Gloria Ostrenga
- Matt Kopperud
- Emilie Kopperud
Cory's Heart Run Committee
- Mike La Plante
- Cory McFarlane
- Dawn Thryion
- Tammy Burda
- All of the others who helped organize and carry out the Cory's Heart Run Fundraiser for Kids With Heart National Assn for Children's Heart Disorders, Inc
For more information about Kids With Heart National Association please contact Michelle Rintamaki .
If you are interested in holding local Kids With Heart Support Group meetings in your area, please fill out our contact form and we will connect you with names of heart families in your area.